Self Propaganda Poster

 Picture: 


Propaganda poster: 



Artist statement: 

Women's rights is an important movement for me. I began interested in fighting for women's rights by watching the U.S Women's National Soccer team and what they have been going through with fighting for equal pay. The U.S Women's national soccer team has won 2 world cups in the past 8 years while the Men's National Soccer team didn't even qualify for the last world cup. The men's team gets paid a significant amount more than the Women's team. I was looking up quotes about women's empowerment and I saw this one and it stuck with me. I decided to make a storm cloud with lightning bolts on the top and then sun on for the light on the bottom. My poster is a maximalist propaganda poster. 

The tools I used for this project is the was the pen tool, the curvature tool, rectangle tool, text tool, gradient tool, ellipse tool, and the bloat tool. I used the gradient tool for the eyes and the lips. For the cloud I first used the ellipse tool to create the circle shape then I used the bloat tool to expand the circle to create the cloud effect. I used the rectangle tool to create a background color. For the colors, I used split complementary colors my main color was yellow and it split two blue shades and two purple shades.    





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere

Tag Brush Project

Autoscopy